Melbourne Storm is proud to release the club’s 2021 Indigenous Jersey.
Designed by Krstel Petrevski, players will wear the jersey in rounds 12 and 20 of the 2021 season.
The details of the design, as described by Krstel:
- The art on the front panel is in the shape of the state of Victoria (turned sideways).
- Circles represent the QLD bubble from the 2020 season and AAMI Park and the people that play their part – players, staff, family and members. This all represents the journey home.
- The circles are joined by lines which represent the many cultures that link together in making up the Melbourne Storm.
- A curved purple line represents the Yarra River and how it runs through the city of Melbourne.
- Footprints represent the journey a player takes from joining the club to leaving as a better person.
- The handprint represents the 5 values of the club: family, accountability, hard work, respect and passion.
- Melbourne Storm past and present Indigenous players are listed on the lower back.
- Pattern on the lower right back panel represents all the other cultures to have represented the Storm to show inclusivity.
The 2021 Melbourne Storm Indigenous Jersey features include:
- Embroidered Melbourne Storm and NRL logos.
- Sublimated Indigenous Storm detail as described above
- Sublimated sponsor logos including Redzed, Suzuki and Grill’d
- Manufactured by Castore