Round 19 is RiseForAlex Round across the NRL with the rugby league community throwing their support behind the initiative which will provide financial and medical support to Alex McKinnon.
Melbourne Storm will host the Canberra Raiders on Saturday 19 July and will show support for the NRL initiative along with the other home teams in Round 19.
As a part of Melbourne's game day, artists from The Voice 2014 will perform at AAMI Park. C Major, Elly Oh, Julian Simonsz and Soli Tesema will provide pre-match entertainment inside and outside AAMI Park (from 4pm) as well as a performance at half-time of Storm's match-up with the Raiders.
Round 19, RiseForAlex round:
- The NRL will be donating one dollar to the RiseForAlex Fund for every Rugby League Fan who attends any match during Round 19.
- AAMI Park will also donate one dollar to the RiseForAlex Fund for every fan who attends Melbourne Storm's match with Canberra in Round 19.
- Fans can make donations by purchasing a RiseForAlex wristband that will be sold at all matches across the RiseForAlex Round.
- Fans can also make donations online at www.riseforalex.org.au or by texting RiseForAlex to 0498 555 555.
- Channel Nine’s Footy Show will host a telethon during their broadcast on July 17, with the call centre open from 8:30pm AEST.
- Telstra will host the call centre with 150 Telstra volunteers and players from several clubs who will be assisting with answering calls during the night.
- The Daily Telegraph will donate one dollar from every newspaper sold on Saturday 19 July.
The NRL’s broadcast partners Fox Sports, 2GB and Triple M will also throw their support behind the round.
The RiseForAlex Fund has been established to provide ongoing financial and medical support to Alex McKinnon.
The RiseForAlex Fund is independently managed by a board of directors to ensure ongoing support is provided to Alex now and into the future.
The Fund will look to provide support for accessible housing, a vehicle, a wheelchair, physiotherapy and rehabilitation assistance as well as ongoing medical assistance as required.