NSW Blues coach Brad Fittler has named his 22-man squad for the 2022 Origin opener on Wednesday, June 8.
Three debutantes come onto the team who will work to ensure NSW retain the Origin shield from their 2-1 win in 2021.
No Melbourne Storm players feature in the Blues' squad for Game 1 with hopeful Ryan Papenhuyzen ruled out due to injury.
Former Storm utility Nicho Hynes was promoted to 18th man in Fittler's squad after being previously named on the Blues' extended squad for Game 3 of the 2021 Origin series.
Blues team for Game One
1. James Tedesco, capt. - Sydney Roosters
2. Brian To’o - Penrith Panthers
3. Kotoni Staggs - Brisbane Broncos
4. Jack Wighton - Canberra Raiders
5. Daniel Tupou - Sydney Roosters
6. Jarome Luai - Penrith Panthers
7. Nathan Cleary - Penrith Panthers
8. Payne Haas - Brisbane Broncos
9. Damien Cook - South Sydney Rabbitohs
10. Junior Paulo - Parramatta Eels
11. Cameron Murray - South Sydney Rabbitohs
12. Tariq Sims - St. George-Illawarra Dragons
13. Isaah Yeo - Penrith Panthers
14. Stephen Crichton - Penrith Panthers
15. Liam Martin - Penrith Panthers
16. Reagan Campbell-Gillard - Parramatta Eels
17. Ryan Matterson - Parramatta Eels
18. Nicho Hynes - Cronulla Sharks
19. Tyson Frizell - Newcastle Knights
20. Jacob Saifiti - Newcastle Knights
21. Joseph Suaalii - Sydney Roosters
22. Apisai Koroisau - Penrith Panthers