The 2023 NRL Telstra Premiership Finals Series Week One schedule will feature matches in Sydney, Brisbane and Newcastle.
The NRL today confirmed the times and venues for all Week One matches, featuring:
- Brisbane Broncos against Melbourne Storm on Friday night at Suncorp Stadium;
- Minor Premiers Penrith Panthers against the Warriors on Saturday afternoon at BlueBet Stadium;
- Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks playing Sydney Roosters at PointsBet Stadium on Saturday night;
- Newcastle Knights facing Canberra Raiders at McDonald Jones Stadium on Sunday afternoon.
NRL Chief Executive Andrew Abdo said it was an exciting finish to the 2023 regular season.
“The final positions in the top eight came down to the last match,” Mr Abdo said.
“That is testament to the competitiveness of the Premiership and the extraordinary football the players and Clubs have produced all season.
“More than 3.7 million people attended NRL games this season. That’s the highest total in NRL history. The average crowd for the regular season ended 20 percent higher than last season.
“More than 128 million people have watched our games this season, making Rugby League the most watched sport in the country on television by overall numbers.
“Thank you to all our fans for their support this season.
“Any team can win on any given day as we eagerly anticipate another exciting Finals Series.”
Tickets will be on sale for all matches to the competing clubs’ ticketed members at 10am on Monday (September 4), while tickets for the competing clubs’ non-ticketed members will be on sale at 1pm. Tickets for NRL Account Holders will be on sale at 4pm on Monday.
Finals Series tickets will be on sale to General Public at 10am on Tuesday (September 5) at www.nrl.com/tickets.
All matches in Week One of the NRL Telstra Premiership 2023 Finals Series will be broadcast live on the Nine Network, Fox League, Kayo Sports, 9NOW and Sky NZ.
NRL Telstra Premiership Finals Series – Week 1
Qualifying Final: Friday, September 8, 7.50pm (EST), Suncorp Stadium
- Brisbane Broncos (2) v Melbourne Storm (3)
Qualifying Final: Saturday, September 9, 4.05pm (EST), BlueBet Stadium
- Penrith Panthers (1) v New Zealand Warriors (4)
Elimination Final: Saturday, September 9, 7.50pm (EST), PointsBet Stadium
- Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks (6) v Sydney Roosters (7)
Elimination Final: Sunday, September 10, 4.05pm (EST), McDonald Jones Stadium
- Newcastle Knights (5) v Canberra Raiders (8)