Storm trio earn Residents call-up
Storm youngsters Brodie Croft, Dean Britt and Jahrome Hughes have been named in the XXXX Queensland Residents team for next weekend’s representative round.
Hughes arrived in Melbourne from North Queensland in the summer and has been a standout at fullback for feeder side Sunshine Coast Falcons.
This will be Britt’s third representative honour after representive NSW at Under 18 and Under 20s level.
Croft turned heads with a brilliant performance at the 2017 Auckland Nines and has continued that form at Queensland Cup level for Easts Tigers. The 19-year-old has made a smooth transition from Under-20s to reserve grade football.
The Queensland Residents will take on their NSW counterparts next Sunday, 7 May at Suzuki Stadium.
Full Queensland Residents squad:
1. Jahrome Hughes - Sunshine Coast Falcons
2. Jonus Pearson - Redcliffe Dolphins
3. Tom Opacic - Redcliffe Dolphins
4. Scott Doyle - Souths Logan Magpies
5. Gideon Gela-Mosby - Northern Pride
6. Billy Walters - Easts Tigers
7. Brodie Croft - Easts Tigers
8. Ben Spina - Northern Pride
9. Mitch Cronin - Wynnum Manly Seagulls
10. Nathaniel Neale - Ipswich Jets
11. Dean Britt - Easts Tigers
12. Blake Leary - Townsville Blackhawks
13. Sam Anderson - Redcliffe Dolphins
14. Christian Hazard - Redcliffe Dolphins
15. Mitchell Frei - Wynnum Manly Seagulls
16. George Fai - Souths Logan Magpies
17. Corey Jensen - Townsville Blackhawks
18. Joe Boyce - Souths Logan Magpies
Coach: Jon Buchanan (Souths Logan Magpies)