The Thunderbolts are beginning to build consistency and there is no better way to put that to the test than with a trip to Hunter Stadium to take on the Knights.
Storm Under-20s have begun to display over the past few weeks the kind of football they had shown glimpses on earlier in the season.
They backed up their Round 16 win over the fourth-placed Wests Tigers with a resounding victory over the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium.
It is a form line the young side is hungry to continue.
“We are coming off our best patch of form for the year, we’ve had two good wins against quality opposition,” Thunderbolts coach Eric Smith said.
“Hopefully coming out of the bye we havn’t lost any of that momentum that we have gained and we are able to go down to Newcastle and play against another team who is very strong.
“We are going need to continue on with how we’ve been performing to get a win down there.”
The Thunderbolts had six players represent Queensland in Wednesday night’s State of Origin Under 20s match.
Smith expressed his pride at his players receiving the call up for the hard work they had put in this year.
“It was a massive achievement from our group of boys to have six players in that game,” Smith said.
“It was a real reward for the playing group and the staff involved to get rewarded with those players in that team.
“You’ve only got to look at the Melbourne Storm first grade guys who pride themselves on coming back after Origin and performing well at Origin level.
“I am sure these guys in the 20s are looking forward to coming back and being leaders in their team after backing up from Origin as well.”
The Thunderbolts will take on the Knights this Sunday morning at 9.40am.