You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content
Competition - NYC Premiership 
Round - Round 17
Teams - Brisbane Broncos v Melbourne Storm
Date - 1st July 2016 
Venue - Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane, QLD Photographer - Kylie Cox

The Thunderbolts have recorded back-to-back wins for the first time this season with a courageous 30-18 win over the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium.

Jesse Arthars put on a clinic with the boot, successfully completing all five of his conversions that ultimately proved crucial.

After an 80-minute performance full of teamwork and heart, it was understandable why their coach was so pleased after the game.

"We had some pretty tired guys out there and we had to work hard," Eric Smith said.

"We just had to scramble and just do whatever it took on our line to get the job done. It wasn't pretty at times but the guys just kept working hard and kept turning up for each other.

"We spoke about how hard it is to come to Suncorp on a Friday night and beat the Broncos.

"To back up last week's performance against a top four side and to come down here to win I couldn't be prouder of the boys' effort tonight."

The Thunderbolts burst out the blocks with two early tries to stun the home side.

After racing out to a 12-0 start, Storm's under-20s then showed the composure with the football to keep the pressure on Brisbane, forcing a goal line drop out.

In the 22nd minute that pressure finally paid off as Taylor Walters found his way through to make it an 18-point lead.

The Broncos hit back on the half hour mark before Matt Egan came up with a much needed steadier for the boys in purple to see them take a 24-8 lead into the sheds.

After the restart the Thunderbolts had the early control of possession but several errors and a sin bin to Jacob Tongue gave Brisbane a lifeline which they began to build upon.

With the numerical advantage, the home side scored almost immediately to cut the deficit to 12.

For the next 10 minutes the ball remained almost entirely in Thunderbolts territory as they continued to weather the onslaught but their resistance was ultimately broken as the Broncos cut the margin to just one converted try with 17 minutes to play.

An arm wrestle ensued for the final stages before Lachlan Timm ensured it would be a night that belonged to the Thunderbolts, scoring near the posts for a memorable 30-18 win.

Acknowledgement of Country

Melbourne Storm respect and honour the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.