Four Melbourne Storm players have been selected to represent Queensland in Origin 3 at Suncorp Stadium next week.
Captain Cameron Smith, Billy Slater, Cooper Cronk and Will Chambers have all made Mal Meninga's Maroons' squad for the final match of the series.
Chambers has been named on the wing and will make his Origin debut while halfback Cooper Cronk has been selected after sustaining a fractured ulna playing for the Maroons in the State of Origin series opener back in May
Since the injury, the halfback's rehabilitation program has progressed well. Cronk began limited contact work a training on Sunday, commencing light duties with his teammates in their final session before facing the Dragons in Round 16.
The 30-year old has received medical clearance from his surgeon and the Club doctor to be selected for Origin 3.
"If we did not have a week off courtesy of the bye, Cooper would have definitely been playing for Storm in Round 17," Director of Football Frank Ponissi said this morning.
Game Three - XXXX Queensland Maroons
- Billy SLATER – (Melbourne Storm)
- Darius BOYD – (Newcastle Knights)
- Greg INGLIS – (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
- Justin HODGES – (Brisbane Broncos)
- William CHAMBERS – (Melbourne Storm)
- Johnathan THURSTON – (North Queensland Cowboys)
- Cooper CRONK – (Melbourne Storm)
- Jacob LILLYMAN – (NZ Warriors)
- Cameron SMITH (c) – (Melbourne Storm)
- Nate MYLES – (Gold Coast Titans)
- Aidan GUERRA – (Sydney Roosters)
- Sam THAIDAY – (Brisbane Broncos)
- Corey PARKER – (Brisbane Broncos)
- Daly CHERRY-EVANS – (Manly Sea Eagles)
- Ben TE’O – (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
- Matt GILLETT – (Brisbane Broncos)
- Dave TAYLOR – (Gold Coast Titans)
- Josh McGUIRE – (Brisbane Broncos)
- Michael MORGAN* – (North Queensland Cowboys)