Introduction to Melbourne Storm
Melbourne Storm is an Australian professional rugby league club playing in the National Rugby League (NRL) competition. It is the only NRL team based in Victoria.
Our Vision is "to be the best and most respected professional sports organisation in Australia" and we are proud to employ people who share the Club's vision for performance excellence, both on and off the field.
Our Club Values -Accountability, Hard Work, Respect, Family, and Passion - underpin all that we do, and how we do it.
We aim to create a working environment that provides challenges and rewards that bring out the best in people and fosters the "purple pride" within, as we achieve our Club Purpose - "to experience the thrill of competing and winning together."
Working closely with members of the Commercial Department, the Partnerships Executive is responsible for managing client relationships, providing exceptional levels of service to business partners and key stakeholders and delivering contractual rights & benefits associated with each partnership.
Client and partner engagement:
- Identify leverage opportunities and work pro-actively with the Commercial team and other stakeholders on client activation planning.
- Ensure partnership benefits (eg, signage, ticketing, branding, appearances, activations) are delivered in a timely manner and to standard.
- Provide excellent client service through supply of information and drafting accurate reports.
- Provision of client services and benefits in accordance with contractual obligations.
- Work closely with the Sponsorship Sales Executive to deliver on service delivery for all club partners
- Collate information, draft and present partnership post event reports.
- Work closely with events and corporate teams in delivering club and partner events as well as hospitality and game day operations.
- Contribute to the development of a research strategy identifying potential partner brand and business objectives to deliver strategic tailoring of proposals and participate in developing partnership sales ideas.
- Participate in the negotiation of sponsorship agreements and drafting contracts.
- Contribute to annual budget planning and tracking as well as managing partner cost centres against budget.
- Management of Sponsorship database; ensuring that the database is optimised and fully utilised.
Relationships and stakeholder management:
- Manage key stakeholder relationships (internal/external) to drive full engagement and effective outcomes in delivery of the commercial strategy.
- Work collaboratively with relevant internal and external departments, agencies and providers to ensure delivery of key initiatives in a timely manner and to standard.
- Regularly seek feedback from stakeholders (internal/external) on program delivery, evaluate and respond constructively to address and mitigate issues.
- Attend and present at meetings to provide project updates and communicate program information.
- Commercial Sales Manager
- GM - Commercial
- Sponsorship Sales Executive
- Corporate Sales Executive
- Business Development Manager
- Events Team
- Football Department
- Finance and Administration Department
- Marketing Department
- Membership Department
- Melbourne Olympic Park Trust
Key Skills & Attributes
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent sales/service skills both over the phone and in person.
- Excellent phone manner
- Strong written and communications skills
- Strong problem solving and issues resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate
- Strong attention to detail and data entry
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while juggling multiple priorities
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Committed to achieving deadlines
- Flexible, adaptable and proactive approach
- High level of initiative and ambition
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Ability to work across the organisation with a customer focused approach
- Strong desire to drive change and make continuous improvement
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Consistent demonstration of Club values
- Intermediate Microsoft Word skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Powerpoint skills
All employees are responsible for behaving in accordance with, and proudly promoting Melbourne Storm's Club values - Family, Respect, Accountability, Hard Work and Passion.
- Accountability: Know your role - do your role. Take ownership to get the job done together
- Hard Work: Demonstrate focus, courage, determination and resilience to achieve each and every time
- Family: We are a family club, built on care, support, inclusion and unity
- Respect: We are all in this together. Treat everyone as an equal, be humble, be gracious and fair.
- Passion: Get the most out of your time - bring the right energy and emotion, embrace the "purple pride.
- Financial Delegation
Please refer to the current approved Purchasing Policy delegated authority limits as published on Melbourne Storm's intranet.
Qualifications, Experience and Licences Required
- Experience in the development, implementation and management of key account partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders;
- Experience planning, briefing, coordinating stakeholders, implementing, and reporting;
- Previous experience with budget management;
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with a high attention to detail, to work under pressure and establish priorities, with a commitment to quality outcomes and customer service;
- Demonstrated ability to be a motivated self-starter, with a positive 'can do' attitude;
Please note that all Melbourne Storm staff will need to meet NRL accreditation/registration requirements, which includes National Police Record clearance, before they are appointed to their role.
Health and Safety
All employees are responsible for:
- Compliance with the company policy, safety systems and applicable health and safety legislation and regulations.
- Reporting any and all conditions or unsafe practices that may affect the health of employees or others to management promptly.
- Recommending improvements to health and safety practices.
- Adopting safe work practices that comply with health and safety requirements and must not wilfully place at risk the health and safety of any other person in the workplace.
- Assisting in timely completion of any corrective action items and reporting / investigation procedures.
- Participating in relevant health and safety induction, training and other relevant activities.
- Use and maintain all safety equipment provided.