Introduction to Melbourne Storm
Melbourne Storm is an Australian professional rugby league club playing in the National Rugby League (NRL) competition. It is the only NRL team based in Victoria.
Sunshine Coast Lightning is an Australian professional Netball club playing in the Suncorp Super Netball (SSN) League. It is the only Netball team based in Sunshine Coast and are back to back champions in their first two seasons of existence.
Our Vision is "to be the best and most respected professional sports organisation in Australia" and we are proud to employ people who share the Club's vision for performance excellence, both on and off the field.
Our Club Values -Accountability, Hard Work, Respect, Family, and Passion - underpin all that we do, and how we do it.
We aim to create a working environment that provides challenges and rewards that bring out the best in people and fosters the "purple pride" within, as we achieve our Club Purpose - "to experience the thrill of competing and winning together."
The Membership Manager is responsible for delivering Melbourne Storm's annual and strategic Membership & ticketing objectives as well as overseeing the delivery of the Sunshine Coast Lightning's membership program.
In addition, the Membership Manager is responsible for providing management and leadership to direct reports and driving the execution of the day-to-day membership operations to support overall delivery of Consumer sales strategy and business objectives.
- Meet pre-determined revenue and cost targets as agreed with the GM - Consumer Revenues
- Identify and maximise membership sales opportunities for the club
- Cultivate and drive a sales culture within the team using incentives and motivators
- Achieve annual overall target membership number, revenue as well as sub-targets
- Manage cost budget in line with targets seeking efficiencies where possible
- Seek to continually improve communication & customer service standards measured by annual surveys
- Maintain and provide accurate reporting and analysis used for high level decision making
- Implement customer satisfaction measures in line with strategic objectives
Member Fulfilment Program
- Deliver the membership fulfilment program to meet member expectations while maintaining budget
- Ensure that the procurement process is conducted to maximise benefit to the club and members
- Oversee the annual fulfilment program (inclusive of cards, letter, rules and data format)
- Execute a ticketing strategy to maximise ticket sales revenue
- Complete the annual ticket build for member card integration with venue (AAMI Park)
- Work with venue ticketing agent to deliver ticketing requirements for members and customers
- Manage a high performing team of three full time & three casual staff to support & inspire excellence
- Complete the annual membership season build and rollover via Archtics
- Oversee the annual renewals and acquisition campaigns
- Ensure a smooth delivery of members' gameday interaction with the club seeking to minimize customer service issues and drive sales
SUNSHINE COAST LIGHTNING (SCL)
- Oversee the delivery of the Sunshine Coast Lightning's membership program via the club's Membership Co-ordinator
- Provide guidance and ensure the SCL's membership timelines, budget and objectives are met
- Prioritise and manage staff resources to deal with peak times across both clubs' schedules
- Work with SCL Co-ordinator to ensure ticket operations and strategy maximises ticket sales
- GM- Consumer Revenues
- Membership Coordinator
- SCL Membership Coordinator
- Membership Sales Executive
- Membership casuals
- Events Coordinator
- Marketing and Digital Department
- Commercial Department
- Finance and Administration Department
- Football Department
- Game Day Volunteers
- Melbourne Storm members and fans
- MOBC, venue and entertainment staff
Key Skills & Attributes
- High level of initiative and ambition
- Ability to thrive in a high pressure environment while juggling multiple priorities
- Ability to cultivate and drive a high performance team
- Accountability for targets, deadlines and core responsibilities
- Flexible, adaptable and proactive approach
- Solutions based mindset
- Exceptional time management skills
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Strong written and communications skills
- Strong customer service skills via phone and email
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Consistent demonstration of Club values
- Excellent leadership skills with people at all levels in the organisation
- Experience in strategic planning and execution
- Ability to create, manage and execute budgets
- Ability to inspire others to work towards achievement to team KPIs and Club Vision and Purpose
All employees are responsible for behaving in accordance with, and proudly promoting Melbourne Storm's Club values - Family, Respect, Accountability, Hard Work and Passion.
- Accountability: Know your role - do your role. Take ownership to get the job done together
- Hard Work: Demonstrate focus, courage, determination and resilience to achieve each and every time
- Family: We are a family club, built on care, support, inclusion and unity
- Respect: We are all in this together. Treat everyone as an equal, be humble, be gracious and fair.
- Passion: Get the most out of your time - bring the right energy and emotion, embrace the "purple pride".
Please refer to the current approved Purchasing Policy delegated authority limits as published on Melbourne Storm's intranet.
Qualifications, Experience and Licenses Required
- Tertiary qualification in Sports Management, Business, or related discipline.
- Proven experience in membership and sales roles with an excellent understanding of business disciplines and processes.
- Knowledge of Membership Systems and software
- Thorough understanding of the consumer sector
Please note that all Melbourne Storm staff will need to meet NRL accreditation/registration requirements, which includes National Police Record clearance, before they are appointed to their role.
Health and Safety
All employees are responsible for:
- Compliance with the company policy, safety systems and applicable health and safety legislation and regulations
- Reporting any and all conditions or unsafe practices that may affect the health of employees or others to management promptly
- Recommending improvements to health and safety practices
- Adopting safe work practices that comply with health and safety requirements and must not wilfully place at risk the health and safety of any other person in the workplace
- Assisting in timely completion of any corrective action items and reporting / investigation procedures
- Participating in relevant health and safety induction, training and other relevant activities
- Use and maintain all safety equipment provided