Looking for a membership focussed role that provides challenges and rewards to bring out your best?
- Make your unique mark in a leading professional sporting club
- High performance culture
- Unique working environment
Melbourne Storm is an Australian professional rugby league club playing in the National Rugby League (NRL) competition. It is the only NRL team based in Victoria and has experienced substantial growth and success in its short history.
Sunshine Coast Lightning is an Australian professional Netball club playing in the Suncorp Super Netball (SSN) League. It is the only Netball team based in Sunshine Coast and are back to back champions in their first two seasons of existence.
Reporting to the General Manager - Consumer Revenues, a unique opportunity exists for a highly motivated and tenacious individual to lead our results focussed Membership team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for delivering Melbourne Storm's strategic plan including driving achievement of our ambitious membership and ticketing growth targets and objectives. In addition, they will oversee the day to day operational execution of our in house membership call centre team. This role is also responsible for overseeing the delivery of the Sunshine Coast Lightning's Membership & Ticketing program.
An experienced all-rounder, the Membership Manager will need to work with a number of key stakeholders and will hold responsibility for a number of deliverables across the areas of Campaign delivery, member fulfilment, ticketing and operations, including, but not limited to:
- Cultivating and driving a sales culture within the membership team
- Striving to achieve overall membership and revenue targets in line with our growth initiatives, including identification and maximisation of membership sales opportunities for both Melbourne Storm and Sunshine Coast Lightning
- Oversee and deliver the membership fulfilment program
- Execute a ticketing strategy to maximise ticket sales revenue
- Work with key external stakeholders, including venue ticketing agent and AAMI Park with regards to ticketing
- Develop the annual membership season build and rollover via Archtics
- Oversee the annual renewal and acquisition campaigns for Melbourne Storm and Sunshine Coast Lightning
- Provide guidance to ensure delivery of Sunshine Coast's membership program including adherence to timelines, budgets and objectives and ensuring resources are used effectively to deal with schedules of both Melbourne Storm and Sunshine Coast Lightning.
- Maintain and provide accurate reporting to feed into other key club initiatives
- Manage cost and revenue budgets for Melbourne Storm and Sunshine Coast Lightning
- Undertake a key game day role for Melbourne Storm with regards to the club membership marquee, Club House/Social Club post-match functions
In addition, the Membership Manager is responsible for providing management and leadership to three full time direct reports and seasonal casual staff by driving the execution of the day-to-day operations to support overall delivery of the Membership strategy and business objectives.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in a business-related discipline and at least 3 years' experience in a sales and/or membership sales related role;
- Solid understanding of, and experience with, membership and ticketing practices and processes
- A proven ability to drive business development, close sales and cross sell in a commercial environment
- Exceptional computer literacy. A knowledge of Archtics will be a distinct advantage
- The ability to lead and motivate others
- Proven negotiation, interpersonal and relationship management skills with people at all levels
- The ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment while juggling multiple priorities
In return the role will provide opportunity and benefits whilst working in one of the premium sporting clubs in Australia.
We are proud to employ people who share the Club's vision for performance excellence, in whatever role they have been engaged to perform, both on and off the field. Our Club Values of Accountability, Hard Work, Respect, Family and Passion underpin all that we do, and how we do it. We aim to create a working environment that provides challenges and rewards that bring out the best in people and fosters the "purple pride" within!
For the opportunity to demonstrate your drive, ambition and skills to thrive in our fast paced environment, please send your written application, including both covering letter and CV to Clint Fernandes via email@example.com.
Applications close Friday 23 November.
We regret that we are unable to accept recruitment agency applications.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Please note that the successful candidate will need to meet NRL accreditation requirements, which includes a National Police Record clearance as well as have a valid Working with Children Check.