Looking to use your financial nous in a working environment like no other
- Make your unique mark in a leading professional sporting club
- High performance culture
Melbourne Storm is an Australian professional rugby league club playing in the National Rugby League (NRL) competition. It is the only NRL team based in Victoria and has experienced substantial growth and success in its short history.
Reporting to the Finance Manager a rare opportunity exists for a highly motivated Financial Accountant to join our results focussed Finance and Administration Team.
The Financial Accountant is responsible for the overall management of the accounts receivable / accounts payable function together with general ledger accounting, management reporting and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external customers.
The successful applicant will be responsible for a number of key tasks including, but not limited to:
- Maintaining accurate vendor/debtor subsidiary ledgers in the financial system;
- Processing vendor invoices (cash & contra) into the financial system on a timely basis;
- Perform general ledger accounting processes and ensure compliance with Australian Accounting Standards (AASB);
- Assist with the administration of the company's financial system (MYOB EXO).
- Prepare general ledger reconciliations for various accounts in the Profit/Loss and all Balance Sheet accounts.
- Assist the Finance Manager prepare timely, accurate and insightful monthly financial reports for management and Board reporting;
- Drive efficiency improvements in accounts processes to achieve a reduction in the monthly timetable
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor degree in Commerce, Economics, Business or Accounting;
- CA or CPA qualified (preferred); and
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in public practice and/or financial accounting role in commerce.
In return the role will provide opportunity and benefits whilst working in one of the premium sporting clubs in Australia.
We are proud to employ people who share the Club's vision for performance excellence, in whatever role they have been engaged to perform, both on and off the field. Our Club Values of Accountability, Hard Work, Respect, Family and Passion underpin all that we do, and how we do it. We aim to create a working environment that provides challenges and rewards that bring out the best in people and fosters the "purple pride" within!
Apply for this role
For the opportunity to demonstrate your drive, ambition and skills to thrive in our fast paced environment, please send your written application, including both covering letter and CV to Ashley Tucker via firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information can be found in the position description here.
Applications close Monday 3 December 2018
We regret that we are unable to accept recruitment agency applications
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Please note that the successful candidate will need to meet NRL accreditation requirements, which includes a National Police Record clearance as well as have a valid Working with Children Check.