Digital Communications Coordinator
Reporting to the Senior Brand and Content Manager, a rare opportunity exists for a highly motivated Digital Communications Coordinator to join our hard-working Brand and Content Team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for creating high quality written content for Melbourne Storm's website and social media platforms, as well and co-ordinating general communications and supporting media activity as required. Needing to work effectively in pressure situations and having the ability to juggle multiple priorities, the role will hold accountability for a number of tasks across editorial and media, website, digital and general administration including but not limited to:
- Working with the PR and Communications Manager and digital content team to develop and generate well-crafted written content for website and social media platforms
- Creating, acquiring and maintaining text, photos, story concepts to feed into content development
- Assisting with game day media as required, including some interstate travel as required
- Assisting with production and uploading of content onto club website and other platforms as required
- Managing and supporting general website administration
- Working with the PR and Communications Manager, Senior Brand and Content Manager and Multimedia Producer to organise player / coaches/ key personnel for web content
- Working with the Senior Brand and Content Manager and other team members to support the execution of the digital content plan, including publishing on the Club's social media accounts, promoting website content and pushing out important messages via relevant channels
- Daily administration of social media platforms including posting, live tweeting and responding to questions on social media channels
- Creating content, story concepts and images for social media channels
- Working with key internal stakeholders to plan and provide content for member communications as required
- Providing creative design support as necessary
The successful candidate will possess:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Journalism, Communications or Public Relations
- Exceptional and creative writing skills
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and technology
- Knowledge of website content management systems
- Understanding and experience in media management and how the media landscape work
- Thorough understanding of end product settings and be able to adjust for broadcast and website quality
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation and implementation of sport media strategies and campaigns will highly regarded
- Strong network within the media industry
- In return the role will provide opportunity and benefits whilst working in one of the premium sporting clubs in Australia.
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
Employer and Other Details
Melbourne Storm is an Australian professional rugby league club playing in the National Rugby League (NRL) competition. It is the only NRL team based in Victoria and has experienced substantial growth and success in its short history.
We are proud to employ people who share the Club's vision for performance excellence, in whatever role they have been engaged to perform, both on and off the field. Our Club Values of Accountability, Hard Work, Respect, Family and Passion underpin all that we do, and how we do it. We aim to create a working environment that provides challenges and rewards that bring out the best in people and fosters the "purple pride" within!
Apply for this role
For the opportunity to demonstrate your drive, ambition and skills to thrive in our fast paced environment, please send your written application, including both covering letter and CV to Oran Aziz via firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that we are unable to accept recruitment agency applications.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Please note that the successful candidate will need to meet NRL accreditation requirements, which includes a National Police Record clearance as well as have a valid Working with Children Check.