Digital Communications Coordinator
Introduction to Melbourne Storm
Melbourne Storm is an Australian professional rugby league club playing in the National Rugby League (NRL) competition. It is the only NRL team based in Victoria.
Our Vision is "to be the best and most respected professional sports organisation in Australia" and we are proud to employ people who share the Club's vision for performance excellence, both on and off the field.
Our Club Values -Accountability, Hard Work, Respect, Family, and Passion - underpin all that we do, and how we do it.
We aim to create a working environment that provides challenges and rewards that bring out the best in people and fosters the "purple pride" within, as we achieve our Club Purpose - "to experience the thrill of competing and winning together."
The Digital Communications Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all written content and communications across Melbourne Storm's digital platforms, namely website, e-communications and social media channels, with the aim to deliver strong editorial and promotional support for the Club. This role will primarily focus on digital content generation, but will also provide assistance to the traditional media and PR function by supporting our general media activities such as press conferences, releases and associated events.
Editorial and Media
- Work with the PR and Communications Manager and digital content team to develop and generate well-crafted written content for website and other social media platforms
- Create, acquire and maintain text, photos, story concepts to feed into content development
- Assist with game day media
- May be required to travel interstate for some games
- Assist with production and uploading of content onto club website and other platforms as required
- Manage and support general website administration including but not limited to updating graphics and tiles, adding pages, updating and maintenance of photo galleries
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure all sections of the website remain current in content, look and feel
- Work with PR and Communications Manager, Senior Brand and Content Manager and Videographer to organise player / coaches / key personnel for web content
- Undertake the role of StormTV reporter as required
- Work with the Senior Brand and Content Manager and other team members to support the execution of the digital and content plan, including publishing on the Club's social media accounts, promoting website content and pushing out important messages via relevant channels
- Daily administration of social media platforms including posting, live tweeting and responding to questions on social media channels
- Create content, story concepts and images for social media channels
- Take training photos and on game day or as required
- Submit Communications photo brief each week for games
- Work with key internal stakeholders to plan and provide content for member communications as required
- Provide creative design support as necessary
- PR and Communications Manager
- Senior Brand and Content Manager
- GM - Marketing and Digital
- Football Department including coaches and players
- Head of Consumer Sales and Operations
- Member Experience Representatives
- Strategy and Corporate Affairs team
- Finance and Administration team
- Sponsorship team
- " External agencies
- " NRL Media department
- " NRL Digital department
- " Other NRL clubs
Key Skills & Attributes
- Understanding and experience in media management and how the media landscape works
- Exceptional and creative writing skills
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and technology
- Knowledge of website content management systems
- Thorough understanding of end product settings and be able to adjust for broadcast and website quality
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation and implementation of sport media strategies and campaigns
- Strong within the media industry
- Knowledge of lighting, sounds and visual requirements for various settings and environments
- Basic Photoshop skills and understanding of HTML
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills
- Strong problem solving and issues resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while juggling multiple priorities
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Committed to achieving deadlines
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexible, adaptable and proactive approach
- High level of initiative and ambition
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Ability to work across the organisation with a customer focused approach
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Consistent demonstration of Club values
- Basic Microsoft Word skills
- Basic Microsoft Excel skills
- Basic Microsoft Powerpoint skills
All employees are responsible for behaving in accordance with, and proudly promoting Melbourne Storm's Club values - Family, Respect, Accountability, Hard Work and Passion.
- Accountability: Know your role - do your role. Take ownership to get the job done together
- Hard Work: Demonstrate focus, courage, determination and resilience to achieve each and every time
- Family: We are a family club, built on care, support, inclusion and unity
- Respect: We are all in this together. Treat everyone as an equal, be humble, be gracious and fair.
- Passion: Get the most out of your time - bring the right energy and emotion, embrace the "purple pride".
Please refer to the current approved Purchasing Policy delegated authority limits as published on Melbourne Storm's intranet.
Qualifications, Experience and Licences Required
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Communications, Journalism or Public Relations
Please note that all Melbourne Storm staff will need to meet NRL accreditation/registration requirements, which includes National Police Record clearance and a valid Working With Children Check, before they are appointed to their role.
Health and Safety
All employees are responsible for:
- Compliance with the company policy, safety systems and applicable health and safety legislation and regulations.
- Reporting any and all conditions or unsafe practices that may affect the health of employees or others to management promptly.
- Recommending improvements to health and safety practices.
- Adopting safe work practices that comply with health and safety requirements and must not wilfully place at risk the health and safety of any other person in the workplace.
- Assisting in timely completion of any corrective action items and reporting / investigation procedures.
- Participating in relevant health and safety induction, training and other relevant activities.
- Use and maintain all safety equipment provided.