Introduction to Melbourne Storm
Melbourne Storm is an Australian professional rugby league club playing in the National Rugby League (NRL) competition. It is the only NRL team based in Victoria.
Our Vision is “to be the best and most respected professional sports organisation in Australia” and we are proud to employ people who share the Club’s vision for performance excellence, both on and off the field.
Our Club Values –Accountability, Hard Work, Respect, Family, and Passion - underpin all that we do, and how we do it.
We aim to create a working environment that provides challenges and rewards that bring out the best in people and fosters the “purple pride” within, as we achieve our Club Purpose – “to experience the thrill of competing and winning together.”
The Designer is responsible for working closely with the Senior Designer and broader Marketing & Digital Team to deliver all graphic design requirements across key areas of the Club. This role is required to work both independently and collaboratively with others in the business, with the aim to uphold professionalism and brand consistency in all visual elements.
Planning and executing the delivery of all elements of creative production, including brand design, visual identity and upholding style guidelines to build brand awareness, consumer engagement and ultimately support revenue growth for the organisation, will be the primary focus or this role.
- Assist with the design of all visual elements of marketing communications across traditional and digital collateral
- Support crowd build and promotional initiaitves through the design of key marketing collateral including eDMs, billboards, digital advertising tiles and web assets
- Design all internal requests including stickers, posters, flyers, templates and all other ad hoc requirements
- Design and deliver all annual documentation including yearbook, membership and corporate brochures, sponsorship and media backdrops, stationary and other ad hoc annual requirements in a timely manner
- Effectively use Adobe suite software to create work of an agreed standard
- Work with others as required to uphold all brand guidelines to maintain consistency across collateral including Melbourne Storm Rugby League Club and Sunshine Coast Lightning Netball Club
- Hold accountability for the graphic design offering and timelines across the business
- Effectively and efficiently organise and file all elements of Melbourne Storm’s image library
- Work with key stakeholders as required to utilise the image library to ensure brand consistency
Digital and Video
- Work alongside the digital content producers to deliver on key work elements, which may include static and moving web banners, web tiles and landing pages
- Effectively utilise flash software and final cut software as required
- Senior Designer
- Head of Brand & Content
- Marketing Executive
- GM – Strategy & Corporate Affairs
- GM – Consumer Revenues
- Game Day & Events Manager
- Commercial Team
- Football Department
- Finance and Administration Team
- External agencies (media, digital, creative) as required
- Signage, production and printing partners
- NRL Marketing Department
- Other NRL Clubs
- Corporate Partners
Key Skills & Attributes
- Strong understanding of graphic design and layout principles
- Demonstrated ability to deliver creative solutions to market
- Ability to interpret creative concepts from business partners and deliver quality outputs
- Ability to deliver strong commercial outcomes through tactical design initiatives
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Advanced knowledge of Desktop Publishing Tools
- Intermediate Microsoft Word skills
- Basic Microsoft Excel skills
- Basic Microsoft Powerpoint skills
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills
- Strong problem solving and issues resolution skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong written and communications skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while juggling multiple priorities
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Committed to achieving deadlines
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexible, adaptable and proactive approach
- High level of initiative and ambition
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Ability to work across the organisation with a customer focused approach
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Consistent demonstration of Club values
All employees are responsible for behaving in accordance with, and proudly promoting Melbourne Storm’s Club values – Family, Respect, Accountability, Hard Work and Passion.
- Accountability: Know your role - do your role. Take ownership to get the job done together
- Hard Work: Demonstrate focus, courage, determination and resilience to achieve each and every time
- Family: We are a family club, built on care, support, inclusion and unity
- Respect: We are all in this together. Treat everyone as an equal, be humble, be gracious and fair.
- Passion: Get the most out of your time – bring the right energy and emotion, embrace the "purple pride".
Please refer to the current approved Purchasing Policy delegated authority limits as published on Melbourne Storm’s intranet.
Qualifications, Experience and Licences Required
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Design, supported by appropriate industry experience.
Please note that all Melbourne Storm staff will need to meet NRL accreditation/registration requirements, which includes National Police Record clearance, before they are appointed to their role.
Health and Safety
All employees are responsible for:
- Compliance with the company policy, safety systems and applicable health and safety legislation and regulations.
- Reporting any and all conditions or unsafe practices that may affect the health of employees or others to management promptly.
- Recommending improvements to health and safety practices.
- Adopting safe work practices that comply with health and safety requirements and must not wilfully place at risk the health and safety of any other person in the workplace.
- Assisting in timely completion of any corrective action items and reporting / investigation procedures.
- Participating in relevant health and safety induction, training and other relevant activities.
- Use and maintain all safety equipment provided.
To apply send your cover letter, CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org