Introduction to Melbourne Storm
Melbourne Storm is an Australian professional rugby league club playing in the National Rugby League (NRL) competition. It is the only NRL team based in Victoria.
Our Vision is “to be the best and most respected professional sports organisation in Australia” and we are proud to employ people who share the Club’s vision for performance excellence, both on and off the field.
Our Club Values –Accountability, Hard Work, Respect, Family, and Passion - underpin all that we do, and how we do it.
We aim to create a working environment that provides challenges and rewards that bring out the best in people and fosters the “purple pride” within, as we achieve our Club Purpose – “to experience the thrill of competing and winning together.”
Reporting to the Head of Brand & Content, the Content Producer is responsible for servicing the day-to-day requirements across Storm’s digital platforms and content production. The role will have a dual focus across content delivery on website and social, whilst also being hands on in video production.
In conjunction with the Digital Communications Coordinator, this role will be required to interact and engage with Storm's fan base via social media platforms. Knowledge of the social medial landscape will be important to ensure content is produced in line with the Club’s overarching digital strategy.
This role also provides the opportunity to take charge of many elements of creative production, with a particular focus on strong story-telling and adherence to Storm’s visual identity. Demonstrating skill in both the Adobe Creative Suite and video editing software will be crucial and the video component of the role.
This role is required to work home games in Melbourne, as well as additional out-of-business hours where appropriate.
- Creating compelling, innovative, and engaging broadcast quality video content for the Club’s digital media platforms
- Pre-production of video content including scheduling talent, setting up equipment and knowledge of all technical requirements
- Post-production of all video including uploading video to NRL provided Video Management System
- Developing new initiatives for engaging video content
- Providing coverage and produce content of key club events, match day big screen and milestone packages
- Recording, editing and uploading press conferences and player media opportunities digital channels in a timely manner
- Being able to produce quality content for both broadcast and digital (website).
- Awareness of the evolving technologies in the digital industry and tools/platforms that can streamline processes and increase the quality the end user experience
- Assist with production and uploading of content onto club website and other platforms as required
- Manage and support general website administration including but not limited to updating graphics and tiles, adding pages, updating and maintenance of photo galleries
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure all sections of the website remain current in content, look and feel
- Work with PR and Communications Manager, Head of Brand and Content and Senior Video Producer to organise player / coaches / key personnel for web content
- Undertake the role of Melbourne Storm internal reporter as required
- Work with the Senior Brand and Content Manager and other team members to support the execution of the digital and content plan, including publishing on the Club’s social media accounts, promoting website content and pushing out important messages via relevant channels
- Daily administration of social media platforms including posting, live tweeting and responding to questions on social media channels
- Create content, story concepts and images for social media channels
- Take training photos and on game day or as required
- Head of Brand & Content
- Digital Communications Coordinator
- Senior Video Producer
- Marketing Executive
- Football Department including coaches and players
- Member Experience Representatives
- Strategy and Corporate Affairs team
- Finance and Administration team
- Sponsorship team
- External agencies
- NRL Media department
- NRL Digital department
- Other NRL clubs
Key Skills & Attributes
- Demonstrated strength in video editing skills
- Ability to produce content through Adobe Creative Suite, particularly:
- Adobe Premiere
- After Effects
- Knowledge of technical requirements and settings for HD Video Cameras, high quality Digital SLR cameras and GoPro equipment
- Knowledge of lighting, sounds and visual requirements for various settings and environments
- Able to work with Mac software and systems
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and technology
- Knowledge of website content management systems
- Thorough understanding of end product settings and be able to adjust for broadcast and website quality
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while juggling multiple priorities
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Committed to achieving deadlines
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexible, adaptable and proactive approach
- High level of initiative and ambition
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Ability to work across the organisation with a customer focused approach
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Consistent demonstration of Club values
All employees are responsible for behaving in accordance with, and proudly promoting Melbourne Storm’s Club values – Family, Respect, Accountability, Hard Work and Passion.
- Accountability: Know your role - do your role. Take ownership to get the job done together
- Hard Work: Demonstrate focus, courage, determination and resilience to achieve each and every time
- Family: We are a family club, built on care, support, inclusion and unity
- Respect: We are all in this together. Treat everyone as an equal, be humble, be gracious and fair.
- Passion: Get the most out of your time – bring the right energy and emotion, embrace the "purple pride".
Please refer to the current approved Purchasing Policy delegated authority limits as published on Melbourne Storm’s intranet.
Qualifications, Experience and Licences Required
- Qualification in Multimedia Design and/or Production or similar field, supported by appropriate industry experience.
Please note that all Melbourne Storm staff will need to meet NRL accreditation/registration requirements, which includes National Police Record clearance and a valid Working With Children Check, before they are appointed to their role.
Health and Safety
All employees are responsible for:
- Compliance with the company policy, safety systems and applicable health and safety legislation and regulations.
- Reporting any and all conditions or unsafe practices that may affect the health of employees or others to management promptly.
- Recommending improvements to health and safety practices.
- Adopting safe work practices that comply with health and safety requirements and must not wilfully place at risk the health and safety of any other person in the workplace.
- Assisting in timely completion of any corrective action items and reporting / investigation procedures.
- Participating in relevant health and safety induction, training and other relevant activities.
- Use and maintain all safety equipment provided
To apply send your cover letter, CV and portfolio/show reel to email@example.com