Commercial Sales Manager
Melbourne Storm is an Australian professional rugby league club playing in the National Rugby League (NRL) competition. It is the only NRL team based in Victoria and has experienced substantial growth and success in its short history.
In order to support our Club objectives, a new opportunity exists for a highly motivated Commercial Sales Manager to join our performance and results focussed Commercial team.
Reporting to, and working closely with, the GM- Commercial, the successful applicant will be responsible for commercial revenue generation and development and maintenance of all key stakeholder relationships across sponsorship, digital and content.
Crucial to success will be the ability to support the execution of the Commercial Strategic plan, including:
- Identifying and driving the growth of new commercial acquisitions,
- Sourcing new leads and targets,
- Turning prospects into clients and business partners,
- Effectively managing and servicing existing partnerships with key stakeholders, both external and internal,
- Identifying and executing all opportunities to monetise all Melbourne Storm digital assets,
- Developing and executing strategies to drive digital revenue growth.
This role also holds accountability for contribution towards achievement of revenue targets across the following areas of the business - events, corporate hospitality and retail merchandise. The Commercial Sales Manager will also lead the commercial integration programs between Melbourne Storm and Sunshine Coast Lightning, our netball franchise.
In addition the Commercial Sales Manager is responsible for providing management and leadership to direct reports and driving the execution of the day-to-day Commercial operations to support overall delivery of Commercial strategy and business objectives.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Strong ability at finding new business leads & contacts - cold calling and proven abilty to close deals
- Thorough understanding of the sponsorship sector.
- Proven experience in sponsorship and/or sales roles with an excellent understanding of business disciplines and processes.
- Demonstrated experience in commercial negotiations and account and relationship management.
- Exceptional delivery of service and requirements in line with contractual arrangements.
- Strong network of commercial/corporate business contacts.
- Tertiary qualification in Business, Marketing or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar role - Exposure within the sporting industry will be highly regarded.
In return the role will provide opportunity and benefits whilst working in one of the premium sporting clubs in Australia.
We are proud to employ people who share the Club's vision for performance excellence, in whatever role they have been engaged to perform, both on and off the field. Our Club Values of Accountability, Hard Work, Respect, Family and Passion underpin all that we do, and how we do it. We aim to create a working environment that provides challenges and rewards that bring out the best in people and fosters the "purple pride" within!
For the opportunity to demonstrate your drive, ambition and skills to thrive in our fast paced environment, please send your written application, including both covering letter and CV to Ben Dunn via firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday 16 November 2018.
(We regret that we are unable to accept recruitment agency applications).
Please note that the successful candidate will need to meet NRL accreditation requirements, which includes a National Police Record clearance as well as have a valid Working with Children Check.