Physical Preparation Coach – Speed and Fitness
- Utilise your sports science skills and experience to make your mark in a working environment like no other
- Leading professional sporting club with a high-performance culture
Melbourne Storm is an Australian professional rugby league club playing in the National Rugby League (NRL) competition. It is the only NRL team based in Victoria and has experienced substantial growth and success in its short history.
Reporting to the Head of Performance, an opportunity exists for a highly motivated Physical Preparation Coach to join our team. This role will specialise in the area of developing Speed, Power and Fitness, while assisting across all areas of physical preparation.
The successful applicant will be responsible for will be responsible for leading the planning and implementation of the speed and fitness programs for the NRL playing squad, while working within a team philosophy of physical development.
Key accountabilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
· Designing and implementing a specific speed development program that ties in with the philosophy of the Physical Performance team and the football coaches, and requires general technical, as well as individual and position specific qualities of development.
· Designing and implementing a conditioning program for the NRL Squad which ties in with the training philosophy of the Melbourne Storm.
· Working closely with all members of the Performance team to develop a Total Football Preparation Program that ensures Melbourne Storm players are best equipped to cope with the demands of the NRL.
· Assist and implement specific rehabilitation and return to play running programs
· Assist in the implementation and supervision of all areas of physical and football preparation of the playing group as required.
· Attending and assisting home game match days when required, as well as assisting with post game recovery.
The successful candidate will possess:
· Tertiary Qualifications in Sports Science, Human Movements, or similar qualifications
· ASCA Level 2 qualifications, or the desire to gain these upon employment
· have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in elite sports, with preferably some experience in football
· have a strong work ethic and willingness to work within a team environment
In return the role will provide opportunity and benefits whilst working in one of the premium sporting clubs in Australia.
We are proud to employ people who share the Club’s vision for performance excellence, in whatever role they have been engaged to perform, both on and off the field. Our Club Values of Accountability, Hard Work, Respect, Family and Passion underpin all that we do, and how we do it. We aim to create a working environment that provides challenges and rewards that bring out the best in people and fosters the “purple pride” within!
For the opportunity to demonstrate your drive, ambition and skills to thrive in our fast paced environment, please send your written application, including both covering letter and CV to Lachlan Penfold via email@example.com
Further information can be found in the position description located on our website.
Applications close Friday 6th September 2019.
We regret that we are unable to accept recruitment agency applications
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Please note that the successful candidate will need to meet NRL accreditation requirements, which includes a National Police Record clearance as well as have a valid Working with Children Check.