Multimedia and Video Coordinator
Looking to make your mark in our unique working environment in our 2020 Season?
- Fixed Term Contract - 3 days per week
- Leading professional sporting club with a high-performance culture
Melbourne Storm is an Australian professional rugby league club playing in the National Rugby League (NRL) competition. It is the only NRL team based in Victoria and has experienced substantial growth and success in its short history.
Reporting to the Head of Brand and Content, an opportunity exists for a highly motivated Multimedia and Video Coordinator to join the results focussed Marketing and Digital Team.
This part time role will be responsible for supporting video production and multimedia across the Club’s digital platforms.
There will be opportunity to take charge of many elements of creative production, developing strong design theories and paying close attention to upholding style and brand guidelines and Storm’s visual identity. In addition, there is a focus on compelling story-telling.
Knowledge of the social medial landscape will be important to ensure content is produced in line with the Club’s overarching digital strategy.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Filming and editing media press conferences for the Club’s digital media platforms.
- Pre -production of video content including editing, setting up equipment and knowledge of all technical requirements.
- Post -production of all video including uploading video to NRL provided Video Management System.
- Executing a consistent content plan for weekly segments, delivering video in a timely manner each week, both in and out of season.
- Developing new initiatives for engaging video content.
- Providing coverage and produce content of key club events, match day big screen and milestone packages.
- Recording, editing and uploading press conferences and player media opportunities digital channels in a timely manner.
- Being able to produce quality content for both broadcast and digital (website).
- Awareness of the evolving technologies in the digital industry and tools/platforms that can streamline processes and increase the quality the end user experience
- Upholding brand and visual guidelines across all video collateral.
- Work with The Video Producer, Head of Brand and Content and other key stakeholders to co-ordinate players, coaches and other key Club personnel for web content as required.
The successful candidate will:
- Currently possess or be studying for a Qualification in Multimedia Design and/or Production or a similar field.
- Have knowledge of technical requirements and settings for HD Video Cameras, high quality digital SLG cameras and GoPro Equipment
- Possess as solid understanding of lighting, sounds and visual requirements for various setting and environments
- Demonstrate an effective ability to work with Mac/PC software and systems
- Have an ability to produce content through Adobe Creative Suite- particularly Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Have excellent organisation and time management skills and be committed to achieving deadlines
- Bring a high level of initiative and energy and a flexible and proactive approach
- A minimum of 1 year experience working in a hands on video production role would be an advantage
The successful candidate will also be required to work some evenings and weekends as part of this employment arrangement.
In return the role will provide opportunity and benefits whilst working in one of the premium sporting clubs in Australia.
We are proud to employ people who share the Club’s vision for performance excellence, in whatever role they have been engaged to perform, both on and off the field.
Our Club Values of Accountability, Hard Work, Respect, Family and Passion underpin all that we do, and how we do it.
We aim to create a working environment that provides challenges and rewards that bring out the best in people and fosters the purple pride within!
For the opportunity to demonstrate your drive, ambition and skills to thrive in our fast-paced environment, please send your written application, including both covering letter and CV to Oran Aziz via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information can be found in the position description located here.
Applications close Monday 23 March 2020.
We regret that we are unable to accept recruitment agency applications.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Please note that the successful candidate will need to meet NRL accreditation requirements, which includes a National Police Record clearance as well as have a valid Working with Children Check.