Multimedia and Video Coordinator Position Description
This position description provides an indicative outline of the purpose and accountabilities of the role. Specific performance objectives, measurements and expectations will be agreed with your Manager.
Position Title: Multimedia and Video Coordinator
Department: Marketing and Digital
Reports to: Head of Brand and Design
Direct Reports: Nil
Position Type: Part Time
Date: March 2020
Introduction to Melbourne Storm
Melbourne Storm is an Australian professional rugby league club playing in the National Rugby League (NRL) competition. It is the only NRL team based in Victoria.
Our Vision is “to be the best and most respected professional sports organisation in Australia” and we are proud to employ people who share the Club’s vision for performance excellence, both on and off the field.
Our Club Values –Accountability, Hard Work, Respect, Family, and Passion - underpin all that we do, and how we do it.
We aim to create a working environment that provides challenges and rewards that bring out the best in people and fosters the “purple pride” within, as we achieve our Club Purpose – “to experience the thrill of competing and winning together.”
Reporting to the Head of Brand and Content, the Part time Multimedia and Video Coordinator is responsible for video production and multimedia across the Club’s digital platforms.
The role provides the opportunity to take charge of many elements of creative production, developing strong design theories and paying close attention to upholding style and brand guidelines and Storm’s visual identity. In addition, there is a focus on compelling story-telling. Demonstrating skill in both the Adobe Creative Suite and video editing software will be crucial.
Knowledge of the social medial landscape will be important to ensure content is produced in line with the Club’s overarching digital strategy.
- Filming and editing Media Press Conferences for the Club’s digital media platforms.
- Pre -production of video content including editing, setting up equipment and knowledge of all technical requirements.
- Post -production of all video including uploading video to NRL provided Video Management System.
- Executing a consistent content plan for weekly segments, delivering video in a timely manner each week, both in and out of season.
- Developing new initiatives for engaging video content.
- Providing coverage and produce content of key club events, match day big screen and milestone packages.
- Recording, editing and uploading press conferences and player media opportunities digital channels in a timely manner.
- Being able to produce quality content for both broadcast and digital (website).
- Awareness of the evolving technologies in the digital industry and tools/platforms that can streamline processes and increase the quality the end user experience
- Upholding brand and visual guidelines across all video collateral.
- Work with The Video Producer, Head of Brand and Content and other key stakeholders to co-ordinate players, coaches and other key Club personnel for web content as required.
- Head of Brand & Content
- Digital Communications Coordinator
- Marketing Manager
- Graphic Designers
- Football Department including coaches and players
- Member Experience Representatives
- Strategy and Corporate Affairs team
- Finance and Administration team
- Sponsorship team
- External agencies
- NRL Media department
- NRL Digital department
- Other NRL clubs
Key Skills and Attributes
- Demonstrated strength in video editing skills
- Ability to produce content through Adobe Creative Suite, particularly:
- Adobe Premiere
- After Effects
- Knowledge of technical requirements and settings for HD Video Cameras, high quality Digital SLR cameras and GoPro equipment
- Knowledge of lighting, sounds and visual requirements for various settings and environments
- Able to work with Mac/PC software and systems
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and technology
- Knowledge of website content management systems
- Thorough understanding of end product settings and be able to adjust for broadcast and website quality
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while juggling multiple priorities
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Committed to achieving deadlines
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexible, adaptable and proactive approach
- High level of initiative and ambition
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Ability to work across the organisation with a customer focused approach
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Ability to inspire others to work towards achievement to team KPIs and Club Vision and Purpose
All employees are responsible for behaving in accordance with, and proudly promoting Melbourne Storm’s Club values – Family, Respect, Accountability, Hard Work and Passion.
- Accountability: Know your role - do your role. Take ownership to get the job done together
- Hard Work: Demonstrate focus, courage, determination and resilience to achieve each and every time
- Family: We are a family club, built on care, support, inclusion and unity
- Respect: We are all in this together. Treat everyone as an equal, be humble, be gracious and fair.
- Passion: Get the most out of your time – bring the right energy and emotion, embrace the purple pride.
Please refer to the current approved Purchasing Policy delegated authority limits.
Qualifications, Experience and Licences Required
- Qualification in Multimedia Design and/or Production or similar field or Currently Studying in the field
- Minimum of 1 Year experience working in similar hands on video production role is an advantage
Please note that all Melbourne Storm staff will need to meet NRL accreditation/registration requirements, which includes National Police Record clearance and valid WWCC/Bluecard, before they are appointed to their role.
Health and Safety
All employees are responsible for:
- Compliance with the company policy, safety systems and applicable health and safety legislation and regulations.
- Reporting any and all conditions or unsafe practices that may affect the health of employees or others to management promptly.
- Recommending improvements to health and safety practices.
- Adopting safe work practices that comply with health and safety requirements and must not wilfully place at risk the health and safety of any other person in the workplace.
- Assisting in timely completion of any corrective action items and reporting / investigation procedures.
- Participating in relevant health and safety induction, training and other relevant activities.
- Use and maintain all safety equipment provided.