Membership Sales Representative
Melbourne Storm is an Australian professional rugby league club playing in the National Rugby League (NRL) competition. It is the only NRL team based in Victoria and has experienced substantial growth and success in its short history.
The Sunshine Coast Lightning netball franchise is a joint venture between the Melbourne Storm Rugby League Club and the University of the Sunshine Coast (USC). The Club has had tremendous success with a sold-out stadium at all home games at the USC, over 2000 members and a Premiership in both 2017 and 2018.
Reporting to the Membership Sales Manager a unique opportunity exists for a highly motivated, sales and service focused individual to join the Melbourne Storm team in a casual employment capacity to assist in growing both Club's respective membership bases. The role will be required to work both as part of a team and autonomously. Responsible for the achievement their own daily sales figures through a combination of inbound and outbound calls to members and prospects, the ability to identify new member prospects and upgrade membership packages through strong sales techniques in integral to success in this role. You will also have the opportunity to be part of our second to none game day experience.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Making outbound sales calls to non-renewed members and prospects, and to current members for package upgrades
· Processing new memberships and renewals through the Club’s respective systems (Archtics and Fortis)
· Executing acquisition and retention plans for the membership team as directed by the Membership Sales Manager.
· Delivering upon agreed acquisition and retention targets and other KPIs
· Bringing a sales focus to each and every membership interaction
· Responding in a timely and professional manner to all customer communications and issues
· Ensuring all personal details are entered accurately and privacy requirements are upheld
· Be available to work at designated Storm home games at AAMI Park throughout the season, with the possibility of a working role at other club functions and junior clinics, as required.
· Acting as a positive advocate and promoting Melbourne Storm and Sunshine Coast Lighting at all times
To be considered for this opportunity you will have:
· An exceptional sales focus with a drive to meet targets
· Experience working in a membership or sales role/team
· Second to none customer service skills
· An outstanding phone manner
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop positive relationships are all levels
· An energetic, optimising and reilient attitude with a willingess to take on varied tasks and display initiative.
· Working knowledge of customer relationship databases will be highly regarded
In return the role will provide opportunity and benefits whilst working in one of the premium sporting clubs in Australia.
We are proud to employ people who share the Club’s vision for performance excellence, in whatever role they have been engaged to perform, both on and off the field. Our Club Values of Accountability, Hard Work, Respect, Family and Passion underpin all that we do, and how we do it. We aim to create a working environment that provides challenges and rewards that bring out the best in people and fosters the “purple pride” within!
For the opportunity to demonstrate your drive, ambition and skills to thrive in our fast paced environment, please send your written application, including both covering letter and CV to Justin Dixon via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please refer to full Position Description.
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 28 August
We regret that we are unable to accept recruitment agency applications
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Please note that the successful candidate will need to meet NRL accreditation requirements, which includes a National Police Record clearance as well as have a valid Working with Children Check.