Membership Sales Representative PD
This position description provides an indicative outline of the purpose and accountabilities of the role. Specific performance objectives, measurements and expectations will be agreed with your Manager.
Position Title: Membership Sales Representative
Reports To: Membership Sales Manager
Direct Reports: Nil
Position Type: Casual
Date: October 2019
Introduction to Melbourne Storm
Melbourne Storm is an Australian professional rugby league club playing in the National Rugby League (NRL) competition. It is the only NRL team based in Victoria.
Our Vision is “to be the best and most respected professional sports organisation in Australia” and we are proud to employ people who share the Club’s vision for performance excellence, both on and off the field.
Our Club Values –Accountability, Hard Work, Respect, Family, and Passion - underpin all that we do, and how we do it.
We aim to create a working environment that provides challenges and rewards that bring out the best in people and fosters the “purple pride” within, as we achieve our Club Purpose – “to experience the thrill of competing and winning together.”
The Membership team at Melbourne Storm is a proactive sales and service team who thrive in an environment where daily sales targets are set. This role is an integral part of the Membership team, for both Melbourne Storm and Sunshine Coast Lightning. The Membership Sales Representative will be required to work both as part of the team and autonomously. Responsible for the achievement of their own daily sales figures, through a combination of inbound and outbound calls to members and prospects, the ability to identify new member prospects and upgrade membership packages through strong sales techniques is integral to success in this role, as well as providing an exceptional service experience.
- Process new memberships and renewals through the Melbourne Storm’s CRM system (Archtics)
- Ensure all inbound phone calls are answered efficently and call wait times are in line with Club standards
- Respond in a timely and appropriate manner to all customer communications
- Bring a sales focus to each and every membership interaction
- Effectively resolve any member issues
- Sell memberships at functions and on match day
- Provide assistance with processing new memberships and renewals through the Sunshine Coast Lightning Netball CRM system (Fortis) as required.
- Represent Melbourne Storm in a professional manner at all times
Inbound and outbound membership acquisition and retention
- Deliver upon agreed acquisition and retention targets and KPIs
- Identify prospects to upgrade membership packages over the phone and via email
- Undertake outbound sales calls to non-renewed members
- Undertake outbound member sales calls to upgrade membership packages
- Achieve sales targets as agreed upon with the Membership Sales Manager
- Execute acquisition and retention plans for the membership team as directed by the Membership Sales Manager.
- Ensure all personal details are entered accurately and privacy requirements are upheld
- Provide exceptional customer service levels consistently in line with the agreed Club standards.
- Act as a positive advocate and promote Melbourne Storm at all times.
- Gameday role as agreed with the Membership Sales Manager.
- Be available to work at designated Storm home games at AAMI Park, with the possibility of a working role at other club functions and junior clinics, as required.
- Assist with other duties as directed by the Membership Sales Manager or others as required.
- Membership Sales Manager
- Membership Operations Manager
- GM – Consumer
- Membership Sales Representatives
- Commercial Department
- Marketing and Content Department
- Strategy and Corporate Affairs Department
- Finance and Administration Department
- Football Department
- Melbourne Storm members and fans
- Sunshine Coast Lightning members and fans
Key Skills & Attributes
- Strong communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to sell
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong problem solving and issues resolution skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while juggling multiple priorities
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Committed to achieving deadlines
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexible, adaptable and proactive approach
- Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Strong desire to drive change and make continuous improvement
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Consistent demonstration of Club values
All employees are responsible for behaving in accordance with, and proudly promoting Melbourne Storm’s Club values – Family, Respect, Accountability, Hard Work and Passion.
- Accountability: Know your role - do your role. Take ownership to get the job done together
- Hard Work: Demonstrate focus, courage, determination and resilience to achieve each and every time
- Family: We are a family club, built on care, support, inclusion and unity
- Respect: We are all in this together. Treat everyone as an equal, be humble, be gracious and fair.
- Passion: Get the most out of your time – bring the right energy and emotion, embrace the “purple pride”.
Please refer to the current approved Purchasing Policy delegated authority limits.
Qualifications, Experience and Licences Required
- Experience working in a membership/sales role and/or team
- Sales focused and driven to meet targets
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Outstanding phone manner
- Familiarity working with financial and numeric targets
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
Please note that all Melbourne Storm staff will need to meet NRL accreditation/registration requirements, which includes National Police Record clearance and valid WWCC/Bluecard, before they are appointed to their role.
Health and Safety
All employees are responsible for:
- Compliance with the company policy, safety systems and applicable health and safety legislation and regulations.
- Reporting any and all conditions or unsafe practices that may affect the health of employees or others to management promptly.
- Recommending improvements to health and safety practices.
- Adopting safe work practices that comply with health and safety requirements and must not wilfully place at risk the health and safety of any other person in the workplace.
- Assisting in timely completion of any corrective action items and reporting / investigation procedures.
- Participating in relevant health and safety induction, training and other relevant activities.
- Use and maintain all safety equipment provided.