Build your sports marketing career at Storm
- Make your mark in our unique working environment
- Leading professional sporting club with a high-performance culture
Melbourne Storm is an Australian professional rugby league club playing in the National Rugby League (NRL) competition. It is the only NRL team based in Victoria and has experienced substantial growth and success in its short history.
Reporting to the General Manager - Marketing, an opportunity exists for a highly motivated Marketing Manager to join the team. This integral role is charged with the execution of the Club’s marketing plan to build brand awareness, consumer engagement and ultimately, revenue growth across our overall group, which includes the Sunshine Coast Lightning and other non-traditional businesses.
The successful applicant will be responsible for development and delivery of consumer campaigns to generate revenue and use data to review effectiveness, make decisions and guide ongoing activity.
Working closely with the wider marketing and content team, and other key stakeholders, to deliver on strategic and business objectives will be crucial to the success of this role. A data driven and analytical approach to marketing will be important as the organisation continues to develop capacity in this area.
Key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the delivery of the consumer marketing plan.
- Developing and implementing tactical marketing campaigns to support customer engagement, increase loyalty and deliver KPIs and budget targets
- Working closely with the Membership team to deliver a consolidated member retention and acquisition plan.
- Developing and managing targeted marketing campaigns and ticket promotions to support match day attendance and revenue targets
- Overseeing the implementation of marketing automation across the business
- Analysing data to make recommendations to enhance the Club’s direct marketing capability
- Managing key relationships with the NRL and media partners
- Developing and implementing advertising campaigns across a broad range of media formats
- Working closely with key stakeholders at Sunshine Coach Lightning to integrate and leverage group-wide marketing activities
The successful candidate will be:
- Tertiary qualified, preferably in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations
- Experienced in marketing, media, or communications
- Personable and passionate, highly organised, willing to go the extra mile and work to clear priorities
In return the role will provide opportunity and benefits whilst working in one of the premium sporting clubs in Australia.
We are proud to employ people who share the Club’s vision for performance excellence, in whatever role they have been engaged to perform, both on and off the field. Our Club Values of Accountability, Hard Work, Respect, Family and Passion underpin all that we do, and how we do it. We aim to create a working environment that provides challenges and rewards that bring out the best in people and fosters the "purple pride" within!
For the opportunity to demonstrate your drive, ambition and skills to thrive in our fast paced environment, please send your written application, including both covering letter and CV to Tayah Bot via email@example.com
Further information can be found in the position description.
Applications close Tuesday 26 November 2019.
We regret that we are unable to accept recruitment agency applications.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Please note that the successful candidate will need to meet NRL accreditation requirements, which includes a National Police Record clearance as well as have a valid Working with Children Check.