Game Day and Events Manager
Game Day and Events Manager (Maternity Leave Contract)
- 12-month maternity leave contract
- Make your unique mark in a leading professional sporting club
- High performance culture
Reporting to the Strategy and Operations Manager, an opportunity exists for a highly motivated Game Day and Events Manager to join our performance focussed team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of the Melbourne Storm game-day and events program, with the aim to provide a first-class experience for members, fans, corporates and event attendees, in line with the Club’s overarching growth strategy. As such, this role will require some weekend and evening work.
The Game Day and Events Manager must be able to work effectively with multiple stakeholders in a high- pressure environment to ensure Melbourne Storm is showcased in the best possible light in front of a live crowd and national TV audience. A compelling and exciting game-day execution is a vital part of the Club’s opportunity to expand the Melbourne Storm narrative to new and engaged audiences, and ultimately drive increased attendance and membership conversion.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Holding a primary responsibility as project manager for the Club's home games at AAMI Park and all external events
- Working closely with key event and production partners, Melbourne and Olympic Parks Trust (MOPT) and Max Events, to deliver best practice game day/event offering
- Effectively managing contractors, suppliers and volunteers to ensure an efficient and professional game day/event experience
- Providing strong direction and guidance to support others, both internal and external, to deliver the best possible outcomes for the Club on game day and at events
- Building strong, mutually beneficial relationships with Storm sponsors, suppliers and other stakeholders including NRL, NRL Vic and touch football to ensure event outcomes and partnerships opportunities are maximised
- Working collaboratively with other stakeholders to support crowd/ticketing growth plans and revenue targets
- Manage expenses associated with game day sports presentation, operations, promotion and theming.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Proven experience in working in high pressure environments, including holding responsibility for both operational and administrative functions
- Tertiary qualifications in event management or a relevant field
- A strong understanding of event management principles and best practice processes
- The ability to provide strong and clear direction to others in a calm and respectful manner
- Demonstrated ability to manage numerous stakeholders - both internal and external
- Familiarity in managing budgets
In return the role will provide opportunity and benefits while working in one of the premium sporting clubs in Australia.
We are proud to employ people who share the Club's vision for performance excellence, in whatever role they have been engaged to perform, both on and off the field. Our Club values of Accountability, Hard Work, Respect, Family and Passion underpin all that we do and how we do it.
We aim to create a working environment that provides challenges and rewards that bring out the best in people and fosters the "purple pride" within!
For the opportunity to demonstrate your drive, ambition and skills to thrive in our fast-paced environment, please send your written application, including both covering letter and CV to Justin Dixon via email@example.com
We regret that we are unable to accept recruitment agency applications. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Please note the successful candidate will need to meet NRL accreditation requirements, which includes a National Police Record clearance as well as have a valid Working with Children check.