tmedia
Skip to main content
Main content
Homepage

Slater yet to decide on future

melbournestorm.com.au

2017 NRL - Grant Trouville © NRL Photos
Billy Slater is yet to come to a decision on his playing future beyond 2017. Credit: NRL Photos

Billy Slater will need to know whether he can give 100 per cent before committing to play on in 2018.

Storm said last week they are hoping Slater would hold off on retirement and choose play on for at least one more season.

We return to AAMI Park on June 2. Watch us take on the Knights!

Speaking after the weekend’s NRL Double Header, the 33-year-old revealed he was still some time away from coming to a final decision.

“I have to make my mind up on what I want to do,” Slater told The Courier Mail.

“That’s just around whether I think I can put 100 per cent of myself into next year. I don’t want to commit and go in at 80 per cent. I don’t want to do that to the club.

“I need a couple of months to really work out myself whether I want to play next year.

“I’m feeling really good at the moment so I am looking at playing ... I just need a little bit more time.”

Slater has shown he is back to his best in recent weeks, producing three tries, three try assists and three line breaks in his last two games.

Read the full story in The Courier Mail.